What is 3G

The other day I went to buy a new mobile phone for my mother. Busy seeing the mobile didn't noticed a girl was standing besides me inquiring about the latest and the most swanky mobiles in the shop. Just then she said to the shop owner that she does not need a 3G bcoz she already have a 3.2 MP camera mobile. To my amaze I thought that world moving to 4G and above and there are people who don't know what 3G is? So, this post is for all those people who want to be familiar about 3G:

What is 3G: The high-speed access to voice and data technology is known as 3G service, as it is considered the third generation of cellular telecommunications technology. A 3G network is necessary for this service to function. It offers advancements on the 1G and 2G networks such as multimedia applications like video and broadband services.

Minimum speeds for a stationary user is 2 megabits per second. When in a moving vehicle, users get 348 kilobits per second. In ideal conditions, 3G service provides for download speeds of 14.4 megabits per second. Upload speeds range around 5.8 megabits per second

What is Required for Using 3G?:

The first thing you require is a device (e.g. a mobile phone) that is 3G compatible. This is where the name 3G phone comes from - a phone that has 3G functionality; nothing to do with the number of cameras or the memory it has. An example is the iPhone 3G.

3G phones commonly have two cameras since the technology allows the user to have video calls, for which a user-facing camera is required for capturing him/her.

Unlike with Wi-Fi which you can get for free in hotspots, you need to be subscribed to a service provider to get 3G network connectivity. We often call this kind of service a data plan or network plan.
Your device is connected to the 3G network through its SIM card (in the case of a mobile phone) or its 3G data card (which can be of different types: USB, PCMCIA etc.), which are both generally provided/sold by the service provider. Through that, you get connected to the Internet whenever you are within a 3G network. Even if you are not in one, you can still use 2G or 2.5G services provided by the service provider.

The most interesting & useful aspect of 3G wireless technology is its ability to unify existing cellular standards such as GSM, CDMA and TDMA.

Read more about all those Mobile Jargon Here


Thanks for reading. Your suggestion and questions makes me better and spread knowledge. Visit again. Read the second part here

Comments

Anonymous said…
Genial fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.
Anonymous said…
Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)
Anonymous said…
Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.
Vipin Vij said…
Hi All,
What is a Sky without stars, and what is a Blogger without readers. Would like to thanks all my readers. This is totally overwheling and refreshing reading all those comments, suggestions from all you readers. All these comments go a long way in boosting up my enthu and gives me a kick to write. Thanks to all.......

However I would like to mention that this is my sincerer request to all you valuable readers to please mentioned your emails while commenting. If not email at least mention your name and location.
Anonymous said…
Hi
Anonymous said…
I wanted to visit and let you know how great
I appreciated discovering your blog today. I
might consider it a great honor to work at my workplace and be able
to make real use of the tips shared on your web-site and
also take part in visitors' comments like this. Should a position of guest publisher
become offered at your end, you should let me know.

Popular posts from this blog

How does dual SIM mobile work

My First Post

Nokia 7705 Twist