VLookup

Hi, Previously I wrote about Pivot table, this time lets explore VLookup as this is also one of the very powerful and handy feature of Excel.

First lets understand why we make VLookup. A lot of people use Excel as a database, may be due to reasons like business requirement or unknown to the power RDBMS. Although excel can work as a database, some of the tasks that would be very easy in a database program are fairly complex in Excel. One of these tasks is matching two lists based on a common field; this can be easily accomplished using Excel VLOOKUP. In RDBMS, this concept is more like Primary key that is used to establish relation between two tables. You will find the function VLOOKUP to be extremely useful.

Click here for the fully described example.

Comments

Vipin Vij said…
well irshad, first thanks for regarding by Blog as one of the good blogs. Before accepting and rejecting your request first I would like to know how you will use my blog to promote your things and how my blog can be benefited from it. Tell me all about this, if suits then I have no problems.

Popular posts from this blog

How does dual SIM mobile work

My First Post

Nokia 7705 Twist